The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Community Development and Action at Vanderbilt University is a two-year graduate program through the Department of Human and Organizational Development. It attracts students from around the world committed to learning how to create positive, community-level change in a collaborative and participatory way.
Department faculty, staff, and students strive to hold each other accountable to promote:
- People’s rights, dignity, learning, and growth
- Relationships based on caring and respect
- Communities of inclusion and support
- Societies built on democratic participation, justice, and equality
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Seminar – Becoming a Change Agent
- Community Inquiry
- Community Development Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 337 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Submitted online application
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, three preferred for our master's programs. Three letters of recommendation are required for our Ed.D. programs.
- Statement of purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the following M.Ed. programs only.
- Scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the M.E.d. in Leadership and Organizational Performance.
- International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants
International2025 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2025 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2025 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2025 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.