Typically students enrolling in the Bioinformatics program at Boston University have strength in either the computational area or in biochemistry/molecular biology, but not both.
Students graduating with an MS in Bioinformatics are expected to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the core concepts of Bioinformatics, including computational biology, database design and implementation, and probability and statistics.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply skills in a professional environment via an industrial or academic internship in Bioinformatics.
- Be able to effectively communicate scientific information in written and oral form.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology: Genomes, Networks, Evolution
- Biological Database Systems
- Physical Chemistry for Systems Biology
- Bioinformatics Graduate Seminar
- Bioinformatics Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 567 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Three recommendations
- Personal statement/statement of purpose
- Certified English translations of all transcripts and academic records.
International58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 12 months.
National58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.