Students seeking the MA in Visual and Performing Arts may thus elect a professional option or a research option. Students with plans for doctoral study should choose the research option. The research option requires students to demonstrate proficiency in an approved foreign language and to complete a portfolio. Students pursuing the research option for the MA in Visual and Performing Arts may submit a creative project as part of their portfolio.
Visual and Performing Arts is an interdisciplinary program of study, so students take the majority of their coursework in Visual and Performing Arts courses, but most also take two seminars each in History/History of Ideas and Literature.
Graduates of the program at University of Texas at Dallas seek positions such as: artists, performers, teachers, researchers, arts administrators, arts entrepreneurs, arts writers/critics, editors, museum staff, consultants, archivists and other positions in research or professional practice. Career settings may include higher education, non-profits, cultural and historical organizations, publishing houses, government agencies, international development organizations, museums and archives, business/corporate entities and independent consulting.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Visual and Performing Arts is an interdisciplinary program of study, so students take the majority of their coursework in Visual and Performing Arts courses, but most also take two seminars each in History/History of Ideas and Literature.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 94 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9248 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9248 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.