Students seeking the MA in Humanities may thus elect a professional option or a research option at University of Texas at Dallas. Students with plans for doctoral study should choose the research option. The research option requires students to demonstrate proficiency in an approved foreign language and to complete a thesis.
Students may concentrate within one of the three main areas of study:
- History of Ideas which concentrates on history and philosophy.
- Literature which concentrates on literature, language, rhetoric, translation studies and creative writing.
- Visual and Performing Arts which concentrates on visual and performing arts, art history and film studies.
Graduates of the program seek positions such as: teacher/educator, researcher, administrator, archivist, writer, museum curator, non-profit manager and other positions in research or professional practice. Career settings may include higher education, non-profits, cultural and historical organizations, government agencies, international development organizations, publishing houses, museums and archives, business/corporate entities and independent consulting.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Studies in Literature
- History of Ideas
- Aesthetic Studies
- Arts and Humanities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 94 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.