Veterinary medicine is a rapidly evolving discipline, comprising a wide range of specialist areas. Research in veterinary medicine is directly relevant to the improvement of health and welfare of domestic animal species and the protection of public health.
The R(D)SVS has an international reputation, and its clinical services - Hospital for Small Animals (dog and cat and exotics, zoo and wildlife) and Large Animal Hospital (equine and livestock) - are among the most influential centres for clinical care in the UK and Europe. It is best placed to advance the skills of the sector due to the skills in primary, secondary and tertiary care medicine and surgery, and its extensive research activities in all aspects of veterinary medicine.
Who is this Advanced Clinical Practice (Online Learning) programme from The University of Edinburgh for?
Veterinary practitioners are under pressure to maintain high standards of practice while also keeping abreast of the latest developments. In response to the increasing requirement for support in developing advanced clinical skills, this new distance learning programme is aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at veterinarians in practice.
How will I learn?
The modular, portfolio approach allows the greatest flexibility to meet the needs of the modern practitioner. The goal is to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to be a highly effective practitioner and to enable you to act as a leader and mentor within the veterinary community.
- Enhanced promotion within the veterinary clinical practice sector.
- Entry point for academic clinical positions coming from the private practice sector.
- Veterinary-based industries particularly feed and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme is modular in structure, offering a flexible student-centred approach to the choice of courses studied. You can choose to take a particular species track in the elective course, i.e. courses focussed on companion animals, exotic zoo and wildlife, equine or production animals. Equally, you can choose to take a mixed-practice approach by selecting courses that meet your individual professional needs.
- Each year will consist of three 11-week terms structured into two blocks of five weeks of study with a week in between for independent study and reflection. One block of five weeks will equate to 10 credits of course material. This framework is designed to fit in with the part-time nature of the programme, giving you time to reflect on your learning and lessening the impact of the additional requirements that studying will place on your working life.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note that we accept applications for the PPD programme throughout the year.
- No Attendance
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Health Sciences View 319 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for students with a veterinary degree or its international equivalent.
- If you hold an RCVS Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice (CertAVP) you can directly enter the diploma year of the MVetSci programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
National915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
- MSc, PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev: 10 credits £915; 20 credits £1,825
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.