The Chemistry program of San Francisco State University focuses in depth on an independent scientific investigation, solid research and communication skills are developed. The goal of both M.S. degree programs is to provide students with a thorough grounding in laboratory and research skills, and in-depth training in their areas of specialization. The program provides excellent training for:
- careers in all aspects of the chemical industry (biotechnology, environment, process and analytical, basic research);
- science educators seeking to increase their skill and knowledge base; and
- students whose goal is advanced study at the Ph.D. level.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in a subdiscipline of chemistry.
- Organize and communicate scientific information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Use the scientific literature to develop and implement a research project.
- Demonstrate independence in designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data and interpreting results.
- Keep accurate records of experiments and data.
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in collaborative scientific activities in research and coursework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- Electron Microscopy
- Special Topics in Chemistry
- NMR Applications and Techniques
- Mass Spectrometry - Principles and Practice
- Organic Synthesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 434 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Have completed an undergraduate major in chemistry or biochemistry. If this criterion is not met, the student may be admitted, but additional coursework will be required
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 in chemistry and related courses
- Report GRE scores of the general (not subject) exams
- Applicants are required to fill out the department application form
- Submit three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with previous academic work and/or potential for graduate work in chemistry
- English language proficiency (international students)
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.