The Systems Science graduate program at Binghamton University offers a unique, internationally recognized, highly transdisciplinary learning and research experience that provides you with concepts, principles and methods for understanding, modeling, analyzing, optimizing and improving various forms of complex systems. Such systems thinking and problem solving skills will be an invaluable asset when you blaze a new trail in any scientific, engineering, business, or management profession, within today's increasingly complex world.
The MS in Systems Science (MS SS) has the following requirements: students must complete at least 30 credit hours for a degree with a thesis, or at least 33 credit hours for a degree without a thesis. The required coursework includes computational tools, introduction to systems science, applied probability and statistics, modeling and simulation or collective dynamics of complex systems, and four approved electives plus 6 credits of thesis work (for thesis option) or six approved electives plus 3 credits of a termination project (for non-thesis option). At least one elective must be a 600-level course.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computational Tools
- Introduction to Systems Science
- Introduction to Applied Probability and Statistics
- Modeling and Simulation
- Collective Dynamics of Complex Systems
- Systems Problem Solving
- Applied Soft Computing
- Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy Logic and Fuzzy Systems
- Foundations of Neural Networks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 236 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
General requirementsAll applicants must submit:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, unless otherwise specified by program
- Any program-specific application materials, such as writing or work samples, licenses or certifications, and test scores
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation
- Proof of English proficiency (including TOEFL, IELTS and PTE Academic scores)
International24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13195 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.