The Principles of Finance professional graduate certificate is offered by Harvard University.Key learning outcomes:
- Enhance your knowledge of the tools and analysis methods used in business, finance, and the economy through accounting, finance, and economics.
- Learn the accounting principles required for informed managerial decisions, such as cost terminology, cost behavior, cost systems, activity-based costing, budgeting, cost-volume-profit analysis, cost estimating, variance analysis, and responsibility accounting.
- Develop knowledge of the agents, instruments, and institutions that make up the financial system of the modern economy, such as bonds, the stock market, derivatives, and the money market.
- Develop an understanding of economic principles and methods, such as microeconomic theory, market theory, optimization, bargaining theory, externalities, and how they apply to business and the economy.
- Gain expertise in a focused topic area, such as capital markets and investments, investment banking, valuation, risk management, and nonprofit financial management.
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
More informationVisit official programme website
The professional graduate certificate in Principles of Finance requires four courses:
- Finance (choose one course from select group)
- Accounting (choose one course from select group)
- Economics (choose one course from select group)
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
- Principles of Economics
- Microeconomic Theory
- Foundations of Real-World Economics
- Microfinance: Financial Services for the Poor
- The Economics of Emerging Markets: Asia and Eastern Europe
- Enterprise Risk Management
- The Economics of Financial Markets
- Monetary Policy After the Financial Crisis
- Economics of Business
- The Uber Economy: How Technology Is (and Is not) Changing the Boundaries of the Firm.
For more information please visit our website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Actuarial Science View 444 other Masters in Finance in United States
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
International7573 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11360 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National7573 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11360 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- the average cost
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.