The Comparative Literature program of San Francisco State University provides graduate training in subjects common to more than one national literature. Research work in the program is directed toward the problems of literary theory and analysis, genre studies, and literary history.
The graduate degree in Comparative Literature is of particular value for students who intend to pursue a doctoral degree in comparative literature, English, foreign language and literature, interdisciplinary humanities, or who plan to teach at the middle school, high school, or community college levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Study in Comparative Literature
- Seminar: Topics in Critical Theory
- Topics in Comparative Literature
- Advanced Study in Comparative Literature
- Editing and Publishing the Comparative Literature Journal
- Directed Reading in Comparative Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 369 other Masters in Literature in United States
- An undergraduate major in literature (comparative and/or world literature, English, or any foreign language and literature)
- Sufficient proficiency in a foreign language/literature taught at the graduate level at SF State
- English language proficiency
- Two-three page statement of purpose
- Hold the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 GPA or "B" average
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.