Students from North Carolina, as well as other states and countries, are welcomed. The Dance Education degree may be completed only through part-time study, combining online courses at University of North Carolina Greensboro, summer study on campus, and selected courses taken on campus or online from other institutions. Presently we are admitting students into this program only in alternate (even) years.
Who is this program for ?
The program is designed for full-time dance educators teaching a diverse population of public school students. At least one year of full-time teaching experience with K-12 students is very strongly recommended before beginning the program. Many course assignments require teaching public school students (or similar populations). The program is not appropriate for those teaching only in typical commercial or professional studios.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Dancer's Body
- Dance: The Phenomenon I
- Dance: The Phenomenon II
- Reflective Practice in P-12 Dance Education
- Choreographic Practice
- Dance Education: Technique and Performance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
- Fully structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
Admission requirements for all students include coursework from an accredited institution demonstrating proficiency in the following:
- improvisation and choreography
- dance technique at the high intermediate or advanced level in one or more forms
- dance history, including global dance forms and 20th-century modern dance
- music for dance or other significant work in music
- dance production
- applied anatomy/kinesiology/injury prevention.
- One official transcript from every college and university previously attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors, employers, or persons well acquainted with the applicant’s academic potential.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.