The Social Analysis and Research program offered by Brown University focuses on methodological training in both quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analysis, with cores in spatial analysis and market research, classroom instruction by active and internationally renowned researchers, and individualized supervision of applied, hands-on data analytic research on a faculty project or with an off-campus organization.
Graduates with M.S. in Social Analysis and Research from Brown University will be able to:
- collect, process, analyze and interpret large-scale data on human attributes, preferences, attitudes, and behaviors and complex systems of human interactions.
- develop the pragmatic and logical skills
- market research
- program evaluation
- policy work
- advanced study in the social sciences
- financial analysis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Society: An Introduction to Sociology
- Economic Development and Social Change
- Sex, Gender, and Society
- Organizations and Society
- Unequal From Birth: Child Health From a Social Perspective
- Methods of Social Research
- Introductory Statistics for Social Research
- Market and Social Surveys
- Migrants, Refugees and the Mediterranean
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 347 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Personal Statement: Required. No longer than two (2) pages in length outlining professional goals and commitment to pursuing a career in social analysis and research.
- GRE General: Required
- Transcripts: Required from all post–secondary institutions of attendance
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one academic)
- TOEFL: Required for any international applicant whose undergraduate curriculum was not taught in English
International59254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29627 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National59254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29627 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.