The degree program also provides students with opportunities in taking multidisciplinary courses from within the College of Engineering and from other colleges at UTSA in order to enhance students’ leadership, problem solving, and/or entrepreneurship skills.
Graduates of the MS MatE will be general practitioners and specialists, thus the degree program will provide the necessary balance between the fundamental and technical aspects of the field. All students will take core courses to achieve a common platform of understanding and knowledge covering topics in three interlinked areas: (a) Structure-function relationships in materials, which determine behavior at the macro-, micro-, nano-, molecular- and atomic-levels; (b) Synthesis, characterization and measurement of materials (ceramics, composites, metals, polymers, multifunctional and metamaterials) especially those with novel properties to address current and future technological challenges; and (c) Design and applications of materials that address critical issues facing society including energy, sustainability and health care.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Materials Engineering: Fundamentals of Structure, Chemistry, and Physical Properties
- Functions, Evaluations and Synthesis Technology of Advanced Materials
- Sensing and Sensor Materials
- Structure-Chemistry-Property Relations in Materials Science and Engineering
- Anisotropy and Crystalline Materials
- Optic and Nonlinear Optical Materials
- Magnetic Materials and Electromagnetic Engineering
- Topics in Advanced Materials Engineering
- Fundamentals of Microfabrication and Application
- Biosensors: Fundamentals and Applications
- Current Analytical Tools for Biomaterials Characterizations
- Master’s Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 700 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Admission pre-requisites: Bachelor’s degree in materials science, physics, chemistry, or any discipline in engineering. Minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate studies.
- Graduate Studies Application: Yes
- Department Application: No
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Test Scores: General GRE required
- Resume or CV: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose: A statement of research experience, interests and goals.
- Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
- Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
International25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25078 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25078 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8246 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.