For example, a student interested in theater education might put together a curriculum with courses from our programs in theater, English, and education. In this way, you are able to leverage the courses and faculty strength of the entire university.
This Individualized Studies program from George Mason University is not for everyone. The curriculum pursued should not substantially replicate existing Mason degree programs. Rather, it should reflect a detailed plan of study that makes intellectual sense and that could not otherwise be completed within the already available degree programs at the university. Additionally, applicants to the individualized studies concentration must acquire the support of a graduate faculty member prior to applying to the program. For more details, see the section on applying.
If you would like to consult about the viability of a proposed program, please contact the concentration head.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MAIS Pro Seminar
- Interdisciplinary Studies Proposal
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 105 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.