Arts managers matter because they are the ultimate mediators between the arts and its best audience. Arts leaders must negotiate the increasingly complex cultural, socioeconomic, legal, and political systems that challenge sustainable arts environments.
The University at Buffalo's MA in Arts Management prepares you to face these challenges. Through its unique blend of critical inquiry, analysis, and experiential learning, the program builds your capacity to identify and solve the problems inherent in the areas of arts management, production, and cultural policymaking.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Arts Management and Society
- Research in Arts Management
- Legal Issues in Arts Management
- Arts & Cultural Policy and Diplomacy
- Fieldwork in Arts Management
- Special Topics in Management: Nonprofit Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts View 398 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information
- Letters of recommendation
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs)
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.