In this Glass program of Rochester Institute of Technology you are given full access to a complete glass facility and individual studio space. Graduate studio courses, seminar courses, and in-depth critiques give you a deeper understanding of the craft of glass as you design pieces that flourish your personal expression.
Glassblowing Classes, and More
The MFA in glass is a two-year program of study. An individual studio space serves to strengthen your technique and practice in designing glass artwork that reflects your personal expression of the medium.
Graduate studio courses, seminar courses, and in-depth critiques are offered in conjunction with thesis planning and implementation to provide you with a deep understanding of glass. In addition to course work and creative production, you are exposed to a broad range of critical issues related to the conception and production of art, to inspire and provoke critical reflection and facilitate the development of a thesis exhibition and supporting documentation.
Typical Job Titles
- Artistic Director
- Independent Artist
- Professional Artist Assistant
- Professional Gaffer
- Freelance Artist Assistant
- Freelance Fabricator
- Gallery Director
- Exhibition Curator
- Studio Technician Assistant
- Professional Kiln Studio Employee
- Education Director
- Creative Director
- Small Business Owner/Operator
- Professional Designer
- Professional Fabricator
- Freelance Designer
- Freelance Gaffer
- Gallery Preparator
- Studio Technician
- Professional Hot Shop Employee
- Professional Cold Working Employee
- Glass Graduate Studio
- Technology in Studio
- Studio Art Research
- Ideation and Series
- Business Practices for Studio Artists
- Research and Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 113 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college in a field of arts, sciences, or education.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
- Not all programs require the submission of scores from entrance exams (GMAT or GRE). Please refer to the Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements page for more information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.