Recent classes at International Development Administration from Western Michigan University have discussed development strategies in areas such as industrialization in Taiwan, Brazil and China, social security in India, health in Chile, Argentina and Niger, and textiles and apparel in the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and Tuinisia, and development projects such as on hydroelectricity in China, agriculture in Afghanistan and Pakistan, education in Burkina Faso, social cohesion in Liberia, and child survival in Mozambique.
Graduates with International Development Administration from Western Michigan University will build a foundation of professional competence in the following areas:
- Development theories such as those oriented to government strategies and administration, economic markets, political development, rural development and environmental sustainability.
- History of the field, where most core classes use case studies so students gain a broad familiarity with practical issues specific to many professional areas and political environments.
- Methods such as statistical analysis, project planning, cost-benefit analysis, monitoring and evaluation, the logical framework, stakeholder analysis, participatory appraisal, and political and institutional analysis.
- Skills such as budgeting, research and writing, human resource management and public speaking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resources Administration
- Administration in Developing Countries
- Comparative National Development Strategies
- Economic Development
- Gender and Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation of International Development Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration International Development View 510 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and have achieved a 3.25 GPA in the last two years of their bachelor’s degree.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- This program requires three recommendations
- Written statement
International1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State681 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 681 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.