The two-year concentration in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Pittsburgh offers students 60 credits of classroom and clinical experience involving hands-on mentoring by faculty experts in various areas of Speech-Language Pathology.
A speech-language pathologist identifies, helps prevent, diagnoses and treats a wide range of disorders affecting functions such as speech, language, hearing, communication, social interaction and swallowing. Our students actively participate in clinical fieldwork—serving patients from newborns to the elderly. Our graduates also enjoy excellent job opportunities and employment rates.
Student Outcome Data
- Our professional degree programs in Audiology (AuD) and Speech-Language Pathology (MA; MS) are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Additionally, our graduates are successful in passing their national board examinations (praxis) at the end of their program and becoming employed.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Pediatric Audiological Rehabilitation
- Clinical Decision Making
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Child Language Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 241 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) posted on the CSDCAS applicant portal before submitting your application.
- Complete all sections of the CSDCAS application.
- Submit a minimum of three letters of recommendation. We strongly suggest that two of the recommendations be from college-level instructors in your major with whom you took a course. CSDCAS will only accept electronic letters of recommendation.
- Submit GRE scores to institutional code – 6130. GRE scores are only accepted with this code.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- International students should send their academic credential evaluations to CSDCAS.
International49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
National49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.