The program is designed to lead to professional licensure by the State of Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
The mission of the Speech-Language Pathology program of The University of Akron is to provide Ohio with a pool of speech-language pathologists who are dedicated to helping individuals achieve full communication potential. To that end, the School:
- Prepares speech-language pathologists through professional education and clinical training who can diagnose and treat a variety of communication disorders in a variety of settings;
- Enhances service to the professional community through continuing education, mentoring, consulting, joint research and provision of clinical service through contracts;
- Provides for research and clinical service through entrepreneurship and external funding from federal, state, and local agencies.
- Engages in professional, cross-disciplinary training and research partnerships in the University, regional, and statewide communities.
Graduates of the Speech-Language Pathology graduate programs will:
- Demonstrate a broad-based knowledge of the foundations, theories, and application of speech-language pathology.
- Demonstrate clinical competencies in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of speech-language disorders.
- Present knowledge of research principles and their integration into evidence based practice in speech-language pathology.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ethical standards and conduct expected for professionals in the field of speech-language pathology.
- Present knowledge of professional issues that confront practitioners in the field of speech-language pathology
More informationVisit official programme website
- Aspects of Normal Language Development
- Augmentative Communication
- Multicultural Considerations for Audiologists & Speech-Language Pathologists
- Child, Illness and Loss
- Facilitating Support Groups
- Child in the Hospital
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 904 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Hold a bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology or complete an undergraduate sequence of courses in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
International747 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 747 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National747 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 747 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.