History
In 1867 in a leaky railroad boxcar, a normal school was formed, Teacher Training School (then renamed Cook County Normal School). Over the next 150 years, this school grew from Chicago Normal School to Chicago Teachers College, and eventually to Chicago State University (CSU). Up until 1967, there were two branches of Chicago Teachers College: North Branch and South Branch.