Our Library and Information Science program at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is an important venue for the intellectual and professional conversation that shapes and guides our profession.
We are leaders in creating well-trained professionals who support information access and think critically about the values that inform and drive their practice.
What can you do with an MS/LIS degree?
- A versatile degree, our ALA-accredited* MS/LIS gives you the skills to manage, analyze, and preserve information in a variety of careers.
- Choose from a broad range of course electives or select a pathway, working one-on-one with our advisors to customize a program that supports your professional goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Aspects of Information Technology
- Analytical Foundations for Information Problems
- Research Design for Information Sciences
- Programming for Information Problems
- Web Design Fundamentals
- History and Foundations of the Information Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Sciences View 522 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- While a bachelor's degree is required for admission, your degree can be in any discipline. If you earned a 3.0 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate study, you do not need to submit GRE or GMAT scores.
- Three letters of reference
- A resumé
- A personal statement
International25192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12596 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12596 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7146 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Resident rate: $663/credit hour
- Nonresident rate: $958/credit hour
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.