The Civil Engineering program provides advanced study within the area of civil engineering and allows students to select coursework, with adviser approval, in the areas of construction engineering and management, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering and water resources engineering.
The primary goal of the Civil and Environmental Engineering department’s degree program is to provide students with the educational background and tools required for them to excel in their intended profession in Civil Engineering. The areas of focus in the civil engineering program are structural, geotechnical, water resources, environmental, construction, transportation and architectural engineering. Most course topics are well integrated with computer-aided analysis and design tools.
One of the major objectives of this program is to provide design experience to students gradually from the very beginning years until they graduate, through a variety of courses. During this time, they also learn about safety, reliability, ethics, and socially and globally sensitive problems.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Plates and Shells
- The Finite Element Method
- Solid Waste Management, System Design and Sustainability
- Theory of Elasticity
- Advanced Topics in Structural Steel Design
- Advanced Topics in Reinforced Concrete Design
- Earthquake Engineering
- Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis
- Advanced Construction Methods and Techniques
- Groundwater and Seepage
- Construction Methods and Equipment for Heavy Construction Engineering
- Preconstruction Design Evaluation
- Advanced Foundation Engineering
- Slope Stability and Retaining Structures
- Surface Water Pollution and Control
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Theory of Elastic Stability
- Major Commercial Project Development and Management
- Construction Cost Control, Scheduling and Planning
- Cost Estimating and Bidding Strategy
- Environmental and Public Transportation Regulations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 354 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Minimum GPA of 3.0 for applicants with undergraduate degrees from non-ABET accredited international institutions Students not meeting the above requirements may be admitted and will be required to take additional prerequisite coursework. Any student entering the M.S. degree program without a B.S. in Civil Engineering will be required to complete deficiency courses prior to beginning coursework for the master’s degree. All deficiency courses must be completed before the final semester of coursework. The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department does not require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15457 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.