- The Concentration for Teachers is for educators interested in advanced study of literature and writing. Coursework focuses on current scholarship and approaches to literature and writing. While not a degree in literary and composition pedagogy, the concentration is designed to encourage the application of current literary and writing research to the work responsibilities of the practicing teacher.
- The Literature and Writing concentration prepares students for further graduate study in English and related fields, for professional training in such fields as library and information science and for careers in teaching. The program achieves this goal with distribution requirements, electives and a required focus in either literary traditions, critical theory or rhetoric and composition.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically about the literary texts they read and interpret.
- Demonstrate how to write coherently and clearly about research topics and other topics.
- Demonstrate an understanding on how disciplines are interconnected.
- Apply appropriate research methods to objects of study.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills and knowledge of appropriate teaching theories, if on appointment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rhetorical Theory:greek and Roman
- Rhetorical Theory:18th, 19th and 20th Centuries
- Role of Composition
- Linguistics for Rhetoricians
- Literacy:fijnctions, Practices and History
- Writing Activity as Social Practice
- Writing Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 807 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores (GRE waived for in-service teachers) - effective for spring 2023 admission, the GRE will no longer be required
- Writing sample (8-15 pages) relevant to the field of study (writing sample waived for Concentration for Teachers)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.