We have a highly interactive group of faculty and students. Opportunities for informal discussions and socialization between graduate students and faculty abound at weekly meetings of the E & E Journal Club and our Ecology and Evolution Seminar, as well as other informal journal clubs.
We offer a master degree in Ecology and Evolution at the University of Pittsburgh. By limiting the graduate program to a select group of students, our program offers a low graduate student to faculty ratio which ensures students one-on-one interaction with all members of their dissertation committees, as well as with scientists in the Ecology and Evolution community at large.
Our campus facilities are greatly enhanced by the laboratories, field sites and research facilities at our department’s field station, The Pymatuning Laboratory of Ecology. In the summer months, the vibrant community of Ecologists and Evolutionary biologists from our university is joined by faulty and students from many other institutions.
Scientists conducting research and/or teaching at PLE come from both regional and national universities and colleges. Finally, PLE’s Summer Seminar Series and Summer Courses attract high caliber scientists and students from other institutions, thus providing a large network of intellectual resources for our graduate students.
- Seminar and Poster Presentations
- Manuscript Preparation
- Ethical Practices in Scientific Research
- Ecology Seminar
- Protein Structure and Function
- Cellular Structure & Morphology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Ecology View 231 other Masters in Ecology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- must have earned a college degree in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics or closely related scientific field.
- have performed independent research as an undergraduate researcher or technician.
- have attained a Quality Point Average (QPA/GPA) of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale; a QPA of below 3.0 is unusual and requires approval from the Dean.
- if students are international, have obtained a TOEFL score above 90 (above 22 on each of the four sections) on the internet-based test for non-native English speakers.
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.