Chemistry from Western Michigan University is research based and a thesis of original research is required for graduation. This program is ideal if you are looking to advance your education and be more competitive in the job market for academic, government and industrial positions or desire research experience before applying to a professional school.
Graduates with Chemistry from Western Michigan University will:
- enhance their abilities to plan, conduct, analyze and report original research.
- enhances their scientific preparation
- be prepared for graduate or professional study or for positions in the private or public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical chemistry
- Bioinorganic chemistry
- Bioorganic chemistry
- Computational chemistry
- Environmental chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Mass spectrometry
- Medicinal chemistry
- Protein chemistry
- Supramolecular chemistry
- Synthetic organic chemistry
- Ultrafast laser spectrometry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
The department has rolling admissions. However, it is highly recommended that applicants submit completed applications no later than six weeks before starting.
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 477 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in chemistry or higher
- Non-chemistry major students should have at least one year of calculus-based physical chemistry
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- General GRE score in each category of at least 30th percentile
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required;
- This program requires three recommendations.
- Please prepare a statement
International1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State681 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 681 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.