The objective of the Master of Science in Software Engineering is to prepare individuals for careers as software engineers and software process managers in industry and government agencies. Graduates of the 22-month program will gain valuable knowledge and skills in the development, design, evaluation and implementation of software engineering.
Furthermore, graduates will obtain software process expertise based on sound and current research, theory and practice, and will be well-positioned in a competitive job market.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems and Software Standards and Requirements
- Software Maintenance
- Advanced Software Process
- Software Design and Architecture
- Modern Software Management
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues for Software Engineers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 207 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.5 in the last 60 semester units
- Introductory undergraduate software engineering course (CPSC 362 or equivalent work experience) and/or phone interview to determine whether the student possesses work experience in the area of software development to satisfy program prerequisites (i.e., the equivalence of CPSC 362)
- Technology requirements as follows: e-mail account and dependable internet connection.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.