Aerospace Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign requires on-campus candidates for the non-thesis MS degree to complete all the requirements within four semesters and for the MS with thesis to complete all the requirements within five semesters.
- All graduate students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 to continue in the AE Graduate Program.
- The cumulative GPA is computed on all courses taken for credit except thesis and seminar courses in which DF, S, and U grades are recorded.
- All graduate students must register in the seminar course AE 590 and must attend all seminars each semester while they are on campus.
- MS students are expected to select courses in consultation with an MS advisor.
- Applied Aerodynamics
- Aircraft Flight Mechanics
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Rocket Propulsion
- Electric Propulsion
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 145 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United States
- Online application including resume and statement of purpose.
- In the Educational History section of the application, you will be asked to upload scanned versions of your transcripts and certificates of degree or diplomas. Please view your transcripts after the upload to be sure they are legible. Your transcript must show the name of the university and your name.
- In the Statements section of the application, please upload your resume and statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be approximately 1-2 pages, single spaced, 12 pt. font.
- Three letters of reference (References must be submitted online.)
- Official GRE scores for general test from ETS. (The GRE is optional for students applying to the Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 semesters.)
- An Official TOEFL score, for those from countries in which English is not the first language.
International36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
National36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18998 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.