This master’s program in Teaching and Curriculum consists of designated areas of integrated, practice-centered inquiry in professional, disciplinary, and foundational studies and sustained, simultaneous inquiry in both university and public–school settings. The program from Michigan State University is designed for certified teachers and other educators who wish to continue their professional studies in teaching and curriculum.
Students wishing to add an Arabic or an English as a Second Language endorsement, a Classroom Reading Teacher (BT) endorsement, or Reading Specialist certification (BR) to their Michigan teaching certificate, as part of their Master of Arts in Teaching and Curriculum program may do so by completing the specified requirements for this endorsement or certification that have been approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
The program also considers applications from students who wish to pursue Michigan teacher certification in tandem with earning the master’s degree in curriculum and teaching. Such students need to apply to and be accepted into the Teacher Certification Program, through which they will meet current Michigan teacher certification requirements in a program of study and in a year-long internship that will be tailored to their teaching aspirations and their previous academic background.
- Professional Development and Inquiry
- Inquiry into Classroom Teaching and Learning
- Professional Roles and Teaching Practice
- Curriculum in Its Social Context
- Curriculum Design, Development, and Deliberation in Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4367 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications for admission to the master's program are reviewed by faculty who look for evidence of appropriate preparation for advanced disciplinary and professional study at the master's level and the likelihood of academic success, as indicated by an applicant's prior educational record, work experience, statement of professional goals, letters of recommendation, and an assigned professional essay.
- A synthesis paper acceptable to the student's examining committee. This paper must be submitted near the end of the students program of study.
- A professional portfolio developed by the student throughout the master's program, beginning in Teacher Education 807 or 808. The portfolio is reviewed by two faculity members. A third reviewer is required if the first two reviewers do not reach consensus regarding the acceptability of the portfolio.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.