The Microelectronic Engineering program of Rochester Institute of Technology provides a unique combination of physics, chemistry, and engineering in a state-of-the-art facility to prepare graduates for the real world. With internationally renowned professors with years of experience, courses are grounded in reality – practical skill and advanced theory, combine for comprehensive learning. Put your knowledge to work with a microelectronic engineering masters from RIT.
The objective of the MS degree in microelectronic engineering is to provide an opportunity for students to perform graduate-level research as they prepare for entry into either the semiconductor industry or a doctoral program. The degree requires strong preparation in the area of microelectronics and requires a thesis.
- Understand the fundamental scientific principles governing solid-state devices and their incorporation into modern integrated circuits.
- Understand the relevance of a process or device, either proposed or existing, to current manufacturing practices.
- Develop in-depth knowledge in existing or emerging areas of the field of microelectronics such as device engineering, circuit design, lithography, materials and processes, yield, and manufacturing.
- Apply microelectronic processing techniques to the creation/investigation of new process/device structures.
- Communicate technical material effectively through oral presentations, written reports, and publications.
Typical Job Titles
- Process Engineer
- Development Engineer
- Equipment Engineer
- Process Integration Engineer
- Photolithography Engineer
- Device Engineer
- Research Engineer
- Principle Engineer
- Manufacturing Yield Engineer
- Field Applications Engineer
- Microelectronic Fabrication
- Semiconductor Process Integration
- Thin Films
- Lithography Materials and Processes
- Microelectronics Manufacturing
- Microelectronics Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 229 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college in engineering or a related field.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 12 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.