Students with a variety of educational backgrounds are eligible for admission to the M.S.A. program. Those students without prior business or accounting degrees must first acquire basic competencies in business and accounting.
The M.S.A. program enables graduates interested in public accounting careers to meet the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant’s educational requirements. The AICPA requires new members to have earned 150 hours of college credit. The state of Michigan also requires 150 hours of college credit to obtain a CPA license.
Students who have earned an undergraduate degree in accountancy can complete the M.S.A. program in as few as three semesters if they enroll in a full load of courses each semester. Students who enroll on a part-time basis or do not have an undergraduate degree in accountancy will take longer to complete the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Accounting I and II
- Financial Accounting I and II
- Accounting Information Systems
- Managerial Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAccounting View 551 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Complete high school or post-secondary education transcripts
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required
International15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.