Students in the Mathematics program at The University of Maine typically organize their program of study within one of three broad areas:
- Applied Mathematics: In addition to advanced linear algebra and four semesters of analysis, students can take courses in partial differential equations and mathematical modeling.
- Pure Mathematics: We offer yearlong sequences in real analysis, complex analysis, topology, and algebra.
- Statistics: Students may take a full year of graduate level mathematical statistics, and courses in stochastic systems and linear statistical models.
- Topics in Graduate Mathematics
- Functions of a Real Variable
- Functions of a Complex Variable
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Statistics
- Stochastic Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics View 548 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.