Students in the Ecology and Environmental Sciences program of The University of Maine represent the next generation of scholars and leaders in ecology, environmental science, environmental policy, and natural resource management. As such, we provide our students with support in developing their scientific knowledge and ability to contribute to environmental policies necessary to promote the sustainability of our natural environment, human communities, and resource-based economies.
The thesis-based masters program in EES is designed to provide students with the background necessary to conduct or to evaluate research. Students who might want to continue for a Ph.D. should pursue the thesis option. Graduate research and teaching assistantships may be available to students accepted for the thesis option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Ecology and Environmental Science
- Special Seminar in Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Graduate Thesis/Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Ecology Environmental Sciences View 146 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- EES typically admits students with a GPA greater than 3.0 during their undergraduate career.
- Our students also tend to have scored higher than the 50th percentile in two out of the three GRE test areas (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing).
- The personal statement, resume, and letters of recommendation are also important, and will weigh heavily in admission decisions for students not meeting the recommended GPA and GRE benchmarks.
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.