Areas of study and concentrations of the Civil Engineering program of The University of Maine include Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, and Water Resources Engineering at the masters and doctoral levels. In addition, the Department offers an accelerated Master of Engineering (M.E.) degree program (4 + 1, non-thesis) with a concentration in Water and Environment. Areas of study/concentration within Civil and Environmental engineering are aligned with University of Maine’s Signature Research Areas (Marine Sciences, Climate Change, Advanced Materials in Infrastructure and Energy, Sustainability Solutions and Technologies).
Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
The Environmental and Water Resources Engineering areas focus on qualitative and quantitative aspects of marine and inland surface waters, groundwater and wetland environments within the broad context of environmental sustainability.
The geotechnical engineering graduate program provides opportunities for specialized training and research in soil mechanics, unsaturated/gassy soil mechanics, thermal soil mechanics, slope stability, soil-structure interaction, and design of foundations and earth retention structures.
Structural Engineering and Mechanics
The program offers graduate courses and opportunities for advanced research in several areas of structural mechanics and design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
- Environmental Microbiology
- Experimental Analysis of Structures
- Composite Materials in Civil Engineering
- Design of Wood and Masonry Structures
- Structural Dynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 354 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Applicants for the M.S. and M.E. degree programs should normally have a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may find it necessary to take certain courses without graduate credit.
- A GPA of at least 3.0 usually is required for admittance. Candidates with a grade point average less than 3.0 can be accepted, based on sufficient evidence of satisfactory performance.
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.