The Master of Arts in Teaching-English (Secondary) at North Carolina State University follows a hybrid model, including classes that are online, face-to-face on the main university campus and face-to-face off campus, also here in Raleigh.
The MAT to teach secondary English is offered to those who hold a bachelor’s degree in English or 24 semester hours (not counting freshman composition) with a minimum of one class from each of the following:
- 2 Composition/Rhetoric/Grammar
- 3 Literature
- 1 Literature of an Author/Genre
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Developing and Interpreting Assessment
- Exploring Diversity in Classroom and Community
- Classroom Action Research
- Inquiry and Professional Development
- Issues & Trends in English Language Arts Education
- Reading in the Content Areas
- New Literacies & Media
- Teaching Young Adult Literature
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1291 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test Scores GRE
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university that holds regional accreditation from a recognized accrediting agency such as SACS
International28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
In-State11672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11672 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.