The Master in Elementary Education at North Carolina State University develops teacher leaders who:
- possess strong specialized content knowledge in science or mathematics;
- have a deep understanding of how elementary-aged children learn; and
- can apply such knowledge and understanding to their leadership and instructional practices.
The program is considered Distance Education (DE) and offered off campus, at school sites in the region, to take advantage of reduced DE tuition rates.
Most courses are a mix of face-to-face and online instruction with professors that are experts in their fields and who bring experience teaching in elementary schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Studies In the Elementary School
- Targeted Literacy Assessment and Instruction for Elementary School
- Teaching Children's Literature
- Special Problems in Elementary School Science
- Reading In the Elementary School
- Number Systems and Operations: K-5 Mathematical Tasks
- Rational Numbers and Operations: K-5 Learning Trajectories
- Data Analysis and Measurement: K-5 Classroom Interactions
- Algebraic Reasoning: K-5 Discourse and Questioning
- Geometry and Spatial Visualization: K-5 Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
- 500-800 word personal/goals statement that showcases your background, teaching experience and goals for seeking an advanced degree
- Copy of your current teaching certificate: must be uploaded with personal statement
- Transcripts of all post-secondary education* showing 3.0 GPA as required by the Graduate School
- Three letters of recommendation that describe your work ethic and potential as a graduate student. These letters must be included with the online reference form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents or $85 for international residents
International28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11672 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.