In the Master of Arts in Teaching-Special Education at North Carolina State University curriculum graduate students expand their knowledge of pedagogy and are exposed to ways in which to integrate practice with theory, as well as to experience today’s culturally diverse and technology-enhanced classrooms.
This General Curriculum licensure prepares our MAT graduates to teach special education students identified with emotional disability (ED), intellectual disability (ID; mild to moderate disability only), and learning disability (LD). Our graduates also help regular class teachers increase the success of their students identified with ED, ID, LD, high-functioning autism, and other educational disabilities enrolled in regular classrooms.
In addition, in order to be eligible for admittance, applicants must already have at least 6 college-level credit hours (with a grade of “B” or better) in each of the following content areas:
- Social Studies
Candidates lacking in these content area courses can complete them at another college or university or as a NDS (non-degree student) at NC State prior to admission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Developing and Interpreting Assessment
- Exploring Diversity in Classroom and Community
- Classroom Action Research
- Inquiry and Professional Development
- Organization and Behavioral Management of Inclusive Classrooms
- Teacher Leadership
- Teaching Internship: MAT
- Methods & Materials in Learning Disabilities
- Intervention for Behavior Problems of Students with Disabilities
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching View 343 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university that holds regional accreditation from a recognized accrediting agency (e.g., Southern Association of Colleges and Schools—SACS)
International28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of .
National28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State11672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11672 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.