The MSc in Wound Healing and Tissue Repair from Cardiff University is a three-year, inter-disciplinary, part-time, distance learning course.
The course attracts healthcare professionals from fields such as nursing, medicine, pharmacy, podiatry and the pharmaceutical industry, and offers the opportunity to study online alongside an international group of professionals from countries around the world.
What you'll study
It aims to enable you to explore and analyse existing and developing theories and concepts that underpin wound healing and tissue repair so facilitating professional and personal growth, building upon your educational and vocational experience and developing your ability to become a life-long learner.
You will be required to attend a five-day study block in Cardiff in year one and year two, otherwise no further attendance is required.
This programme is particularly suitable for those who wish to increase their knowledge of wound healing in order to help improve patient care.
Completion of this course could help you in the following areas:
- Securing a specialist professional role
- Writing for publication
- External examining for other academic institutions
- Membership of wound healing association executive committees
This Masters programme enables you to demonstrate you are taking the opportunity to develop your abilities in critical analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, finding and using evidence and in dealing with complex issues. Whilst we do not formally assess clinical skills or competencies in a face-to-face context (so the programme is not a substitute for a formal specialty training programme), studying at this level should help successful students demonstrate numerous academic skills that should be highly regarded in relation to their career development and progression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology of Wound Healing
- Behavioural (Psycho-Social) Aspects of Wound Healing
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Research Design and Methods
- Management of Acute Wounds
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 460 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement for the MSc in Wound Healing and Tissue Repair is an undergraduate degree from an approved UK or overseas university, or a recognised professional qualification.
- This requirement may be waived for candidates with relevant professional experience (a minimum of two years’ experience in a position of responsibility relevant to the programme). Applications are therefore considered from doctors, nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists and other professionals who meet the above criteria.
International7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4850 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.