The MSc in Practical Dermatology from Cardiff University is for practising General Practitioners or other practising doctors who regularly deal with patients with dermatological problems, and who have obtained the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Practical Dermatology. The PgDip is a highly interactive, online distance learning programme designed to provide the participant with a sound understanding of skin disease as it presents in practice, and to enable GPs to successfully manage dermatological problems in patients.
This 12-month, part-time distance learning course aims to enable doctors to successfully manage dermatological problems in patients presenting to their surgeries, by further developing the skills obtained in the PgDip.
This programme is aimed at doctors who have completed the Diploma in Practical Dermatology. The MSc can form part of the portfolio of a general practitioner wishing to practice as a GPwSI in dermatology.
This Masters programme enables you to demonstrate you are taking the opportunity to develop your abilities in critical analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, finding and using evidence and in dealing with complex issues. Whilst we do not formally assess clinical skills or competencies in a face-to-face context (so the programme is not a substitute for a formal specialty training programme), studying at this level should help successful students demonstrate numerous academic skills that should be highly regarded in relation to their career development and progression.
In particular, the programme offers opportunities to demonstrate the development of knowledge and skills in relation to the application of evidence-based medicine and the potential enhancement of services and governance frameworks. As such, it should provide evidence of commitment and potential that may assist you in relation to taking on greater responsibilities or perhaps seeking management, research, scholarship, or leadership roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation: Practical Dermatology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 460 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed and passed either the Cardiff University Postgraduate Diploma in Practical Dermatology programme or the QMUL Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dermatology with a minimum award of Merit (60% or above) not more than three years prior to the year they are intending to start the MSc.
- Programme participants must see dermatology patients in their workplace or be able to show how they will follow-up patients, in order to complete the cases for the dissertation. Please ensure this is clearly confirmed in your personal statement.
- Offers will then be made, up to the number of places available that year, on a competitive basis according to the overall mark each candidate has achieved in the Cardiff University Postgraduate Diploma in Practical Dermatology
- Continuing professional registration with a relevant medical body is required prior to and for the full duration of the programme.
International7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.