Who benefits from this Food Safety program?
- Students: designed for mid-career food safety professionals who want an advanced degree, but are unable to leave their jobs to attend class on a university campus
- Employers: enhances ability to cope with ever-changing food safety, food protection, and public health concerns, while keeping the best and the brightest of their employees
- Community: trains leaders to meet the challenges of today, while planning ahead for the changing food safety needs of tomorrow
What will I take away from this program at Michigan State University?
- obtain an advanced degree from an accredited Big-Ten institution
- effectively manage the broad range of information essential to success
- evaluate new and emerging technologies as they arise
- address new concerns, such as food security, emerging foodborne pathogens, zoonotic disease or biotechnology develop organizational and leadership skills
- be more effective, efficient, and confident in an ever-changing workplace
Why is this degree program for me?
- fully online, asynchronous study
- designed for mid-career/mid-management working professionals
- consists of ten 3-credit courses to equal a 30-credit hour program
- average time to degree = 3 years / maximum allowed = 5 years
- non-thesis professional science master's: Plan-B applied food safety project
Accredited through Michigan State University and the Higher Learning Commission-North Central Association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Food Safety and Professional Development
- Evolution and Ecology of Foodborne Pathogens
- Food Safety Toxicology
- Foodborne Disease Epidemiology
- International Food Laws & Regulations
- US Food Laws & Regulations
- Food Safety Research Methods
- Applied Food Safety
- more than 25 elective courses to choose from
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Food Sciences View 17 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- a bachelor's degree, professional degree, or equivalent degree from an accredited and recognized college or university
- at least six (6) credits of college level biological sciences, three (3) of which are in microbiology (a 300-level course or higher is recommended)
- a cumulative grade point average of no less than a 3.0 on a 4.0 system
- work experience in a food-related field (at least two years is recommended)
Work experience in a food-related field (at least two years is recommended).
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.