The Department of English offers a Master of Science in Technical Communication at North Carolina State University.
Roughly half of our students have undergraduate degrees in technical, natural and social sciences; the other half have humanities degrees. Many earned double majors or dual degrees that combined technical or scientific studies with humanities.
We prepare professional communicators for careers that bridge the relationships between people and technical systems:
- web design and development
- software and hardware documentation
- industrial training and development
- medical communication
- environmental and agricultural communication
- technology transfer
- organizational information management and human-computer interface design
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory and Research in Professional Writing
- Rhetoric of Science and Technology
- Advanced Technical Writing and Editing
- Publication Management for Technical Communicators
- Projects in Technical Communication
- Usability Studies for Technical Communication
- Science Writing for the Media
- Organizational Communication
- Crisis Communication
- Computer Graphics
- Design and Evaluation of Instructional Material
- Advanced Typographical Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 557 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency
International28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National11672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11672 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.