Michigan State University's clinical training is community based. We have network of over 100 off-campus facilities including public schools, hospitals, nursing homes and private clinics both here in Mid-Michigan and throughout the state to support the clinical training of our Master's students.
Our clinical supervisors are working in the field as speech-language pathologists and therefore opportunities for students to applying knowledge learned in the classroom directly to real-world clinical life is abundant. Additionally, our program offers two tracks, thesis and non-thesis. Students electing to pursue a thesis will have the opportunity to develop and conduct original research under the mentoring of experienced research based faculty. Those students who pursue a non-thesis track will have the opportunity to take 6-credits of electives to add to their clinical knowledge base.
A Master's degree in Communicative Sciences and Disorders is the entry level degree for working clinically as a speech-language pathologist. Michigan State University has a 100% job placement rate post-graduation. Graduates of our program work in both medical and educational settings. Medical settings include hospitals, rehabilitation units, nursing home facilitates, private clinics and home health agencies. Educational settings include public schools including early intervention, preschool, grades K-12, center based programs and charter schools.
- Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of Speech, Language, and Hearing
- Acquired Language Disorders
- Language Assessment and Intervention: Early Stages
- Language Assessment and Intervention: Later Stages
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Assessment and Treatment of Dysphagia
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Clinical Proseminar in Communicative Sciences and Disorders
- Clinical Practicum in Speech—Language Pathology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Special Education View 273 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Online MSU Graduate School Application: The fee is $50
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional work and are willing to assess your aptitude for graduate work.
- An Academic Statement: A concise academic statement of your plans for graduate study, your career goals, and how MSUs CSD MA program will help you meet your career and educational objectives.
- A Personal Statement
- One official transcript from each university or college attended.
- A Resume: Include all activities that account for your time since earning a bachelors degree/
- Graduate Record Examination Scores (GRE)
International29772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29772 USD per year during 12 months.
National29772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29772 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15152 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.