The Master of Science in Mathematics for Teachers Program at University of Massachusetts Lowell aims to give students a balanced combination of theory and practice, to enhance their appreciation and understanding of Mathematics as a science, and to provide them with the tools necessary to instill in their own students an interest in the subject.
Courses in Mathematical Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Number Theory, Geometry, and Probability and Statistics are designed to introduce the student to several important areas of Mathematics. Courses in Problem Solving, History of Mathematical Science, Mathematical Modeling, and Computers in the Classroom are intended to provide a deeper awareness of the contexts in which mathematical activity takes place and of the mental processes and technological aids employed by people in solving practical problems. Note that this is not a teaching certification program - contact the Graduate School of Education for information about certification.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Real Analysis
- Applied Mathematics
- Computational Mathematics
- Discrete Structures
- Problem Solving
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 406 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.