In addition to coursework in subject areas ranging from curricular concerns to supervision to school law, you will gain valuable insight from our outstanding team of professors - all of whom are active in their specialized fields.
Under the mentorship of a school administrator, students at the M.S./ED in Leadership at the Long Island University (LIU) will complete a 400-hour, hands-on administrative internship. Upon completion of this program (and successful passage of the New York State School Leadership Assessment) students will be eligible for New York state certification as a School Building Leader and School District Leader.
Candidates for this program must have a bachelor’s degree, permanent or professional state certification in teaching or an educational specialty and satisfactory completion of three years of teaching.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Administrative Core
- Curricular Concerns in Public School Administration
- School Law
- Supervisor In School Setting
- School Business Administration
- School Personnel Administration
- Public School Finance
- Seminar in Youth Problems, Curricular Innovation and the Administration of Innovative Programs
- School District Administration: Problems and Issues
- School Plant Planning
- Collective Negotiations In Education
- Special Education Law For School Administrators
- Administration of Educational Programs for Exceptional Children
- School Organization, Programming and Scheduling
- Leadership and Administration in Multicultural School Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1505 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: (non-refundable).
- Baccalaureate degree and a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International1249 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1249 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1249 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1249 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.