The mission of the Department of Statistics is to provide leadership in the Statistical Science by:
- Advancing theory, methods, and computing that will help further emerging science and technology.
- Providing students with the statistical and computational knowledge and skills necessary to handle complex real-world problems and to pursue careers in both applied and theoretical areas of statistics.
- Elevating awareness, enriching education, and strengthening research on campus and in the wider community.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Probability Theory
- Statistical Computing
- Applied Linear Models
- Statistical Consulting Internship
- Research in Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Statistics View 548 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students entering our Master of Science in Statistical Science program should have a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited university. Academic preparation should include at least two undergraduate courses in statistics, some background in mathematics that includes courses in multivariate calculus and linear algebra, and some familiarity with computer programming.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.