Using a variety of techniques, including arts and crafts, animals, sports, games, dance and movement, drama, music, and community outings, therapists treat and maintain the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of their clients. The Recreational Therapy program is offered at Indiana University Bloomington.
Professionals assess individuals' needs, plan and implement specific interventions to meet those needs, and document and evaluate the effectiveness of the interventions. All students graduating from the major are eligible to sit for the National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) examination.
Mission for Indiana University Bloomington
Bloomington is the flagship residential, doctoral-extensive campus of Indiana University. Its mission is to create, disseminate, preserve, and apply knowledge. It does so through its commitments to cutting-edge research, scholarship, arts, and creative activity; to challenging and inspired undergraduate, graduate, professional, and lifelong education; to culturally diverse and international educational programs and communities; to first-rate library and museum collections; to economic development in the state and region; and to meaningful experiences outside the classroom.
The Bloomington campus is committed to full diversity, academic freedom, and meeting the changing educational and research needs of the state, the nation, and the world.
- Philosophy of Leisure and Recreation
- Administration Theory and Management Practices in Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Public Lands
- Principles and Foundations of Public Health
- Research in Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation
- Professional Development of Therapeutic Recreation
- Advanced Therapeutic Recreation Processes
- Social Psychology of Therapeutic Recreation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 171 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Undergraduate education and grade point average (GPA)
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for many majors.
- TOEFL scores for students with a primary language other than English.
- Personal statement
International42445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42445 USD per year during 24 months.
National30690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10502 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.