At this Outdoor Recreation program, you will :
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to make data-based decisions.
- Demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills with various constituencies in diverse settings.
- Identify advanced knowledge through linking theory, research, and practice in the recreation, parks, and tourism profession.
- Promote the importance and benefits of leisure, recreation, parks, and tourism to enhance the well-being and quality of life of individuals, community, and the environment.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and skills needed by practitioners in the area of specialization.
- Analyze and demonstrate a full awareness and comprehension of concepts and philosophies related to the field of outdoor recreation.
- Develop expertise of the principles of resource management and the ability to develop and implement resource management strategies to the field of outdoor recreation and resource management.
- Foster professional development through participation in professional organizations, practical experiences, and volunteer activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement, and evaluate outdoor recreation offerings that reinforce the critical relationship between humans and the environment and the reciprocal nature of this relationship.
Mission for Indiana University Bloomington
Bloomington is the flagship residential, doctoral-extensive campus of Indiana University. Its mission is to create, disseminate, preserve, and apply knowledge. It does so through its commitments to cutting-edge research, scholarship, arts, and creative activity; to challenging and inspired undergraduate, graduate, professional, and lifelong education; to culturally diverse and international educational programs and communities; to first-rate library and museum collections; to economic development in the state and region; and to meaningful experiences outside the classroom.
The Bloomington campus is committed to full diversity, academic freedom, and meeting the changing educational and research needs of the state, the nation, and the world.
- Statistics in Public Health
- Philosophy of Leisure and Recreation
- Organizational Leadership for Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Public Lands
- Principles and Foundations of Public Health
- Research in Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation
- Complete one of the following courses
- Master's Project in Administration
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 578 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Undergraduate education and grade point average (GPA)
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for many majors.
- TOEFL scores for students with a primary language other than English.
- Personal statement
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 24 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.