Our AM degree, artium magister (master of arts), is equivalent to an MSW, but with a broader educational and experiential foundation that combines direct social work practice with policy development, interdisciplinary research and social science theory.
The comprehensive and interdisciplinary nature of the AM degree translates into greater flexibility and choice in your future career.
- The University of Chicago's Program in Social Work, Social Policy, and Social Administration (SW) begins with a first-year Core curriculum that introduces you to the chief methods of social intervention (direct practice, policy, and research), the diversity of human experience, and the fundamentals of human behavior and development.
The Crown Family School master's program has been continuously accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and its predecessor organizations since 1919. The rigor and quality of a Crown Family School education have earned us a spot among the top graduate schools of social work in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Intervention: Programs and Policies
- Social Intervention: Direct Practice
- Social Intervention: Research and Evaluation
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 406 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee: The $75.00 application fee must be paid in U.S. currency, by bank draft or postal money order. This fee is most easily paid online with a credit card as part of the application process.
- Education and Transcripts: Applicants who have completed their post-secondary education at a college or university located outside of the United States are expected to have earned a baccalaureate-level degree or its equivalent. Applicants are also expected to have completed some prior social work experience before applying for admission.
- English Proficiency Waiver Policy: Applicants to the graduate schools and divisions of the University of Chicago who do not meet the criteria below must submit proof of English language proficiency. This policy applies to all graduate programs; the score level required for admission varies by program. Only the TOEFL iBT or IELTS Academic tests are accepted as proof of proficiency.
International49734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49734 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National49734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49734 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.