The mission of the Southern Illinois University Physician Assistant Program is to prepare healthcare professionals to provide primary health care to underserved populations in rural and health professional shortage areas. We will enhance this healthcare by preparing graduates who are interdependent medical providers, dedicated to both community and profession. The academic setting, utilizing Problem-Based Learning, will foster creative thinking and communication skills in our pursuit of excellence.
- Introduction to the Profession
- Clinical Anatomy and Integrated Science
- Patient Evaluation
- Research Methods
- Patient Education/Behavioral Science
- Diversity in Medical Practice
- Pharmacology II, III
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics View 397 other Masters in Physics in United States
- The overall grade point average (GPA) and the science GPA, as calculated by CASPA, must be at least 3.2 (A = 4.0).
- Healthcare experience is recommended for applicants.
- Applicants must submit test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Applicants will be evaluated on the overall submitted application package, academic potential, motivation, familiarity with the PA role, level of maturity, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and potential for success in the SIU SOM PA Program and the PA profession.
- Students are highly encouraged to be proficient in the use of computers before matriculation
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 26 months.
National14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14085 USD per year and a duration of 26 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.