30 credits including a common core, research tools, emphasis area courses, and a 3-credit thesis.
- Mass Media as Social Institutions
- Foundations of Media Communication Theory
- Masters Seminar
- Critical Research Methods in Media Arts
- Quantitative Reseach Methods in Mass Communication
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 160 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Online Application (most documents below can be uploaded through the application site)
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Statements: Personal, Biographical, Research·
- A writing sample
- GRE (Institutional Code = 1726 SIUC; Department Code = 4508 Mass Communications)
- Transcripts (3.0 minimum gpa- originals must be sent via post)
- International applicants should have excellent English speaking and writing skills. Those who have not taken significant advanced study in programs taught in English will have to take the TOEFL or IELTS. Minimum scores: TOEFL: IBT - 100, Computer - 250, Paper - 600. IELTS: 7.0
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14085 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.