About the program
Our top-notch Master of Science degree in Forestry serves as a launchpad for a diverse range of exciting careers in the academic, private and government sectors.
Graduates of the Forestry program at Southern Illinois University find specialized jobs in the sustainable management of our natural resources, secure high starting salaries, doing meaningful work outdoors, with interesting people from all walks of life.
Upon graduation, our students are qualified for private sector, consulting, state, federal and industry careers relating to the area of their specialized study as well as for teaching, research and extension positions.
Others start their own businesses or create new positions that meet their expertise.
Sample job titles include:
- Soil and water conservationist
- Range manager
- Park ranger
- Park naturalist
- Conservation specialist
- Conservation biologist
- Forest Technician
- Manager in private industry related to forestry
- Forest and conservation manager
- Wetland conservation manager
- Fire science specialist
- Ecological restoration consultant
- Recreation ecologist
- Wildlife habitat manager
- Watershed management specialist
- Resource forester
- Assistant professor of forestry
- Silviculture manager
- Veteran fire corps project leader
- Plant community ecologist
- Biological technician (Plants)
- Fisheries manager
- Forester, inventory & analysis
- Community forestry recovery coordinator
- Program director of local conservation group
- Tree ID Primer
- Forestry and Natural Resource Conservation
- Ecology of North American Forests
- Tree Identification Laboratory
- Freshwater Angling
- Bass Fishing Techniques
- Forest Recreation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Forestry View 51 other Masters in Forestry in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Illinois University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2.7 (on a grading scale with 4.0=A; approximately a "B-" average) on the last two years of Bachelor's coursework
- 3.0 on all previous graduate work (approximately a "B" average)
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 12 months.
National35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35213 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14085 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Carbondale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.