Upon successful completion of the Studies program at the Australian National University, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- understand an advanced body of theoretical and applied topics;
- apply advanced skills in analysis, critical evaluation, and/or professional functions to solve complex problems;
- demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of advanced knowledge and skills to new situations; and
- communicate complex knowledge, ideas, and solutions to problems to both specialists and non-specialists.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
The Master of Studies requires the completion of 96 units, of which:
96 units must come from 6000-level, 7000-level, 8000-level and 9000-level courses
The 96 units must consist of:
A maximum of 36 units from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional
A minimum of 36 units from completion of 9000-level courses or courses from the following graduate classifications:
A minimum of 12 units from completion of 9000-level courses or courses from the following graduate classification: Research
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Art History Environmental Sciences View 59 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 082356D
The Master of Studies is an exit award only.
To use the Master of Studies as an exit a student must:
- have completed 96 units of 6000-level, 7000-level, and 8000-level courses towards an ANU Master or Master Advanced program, of which
- a maximum of 36 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional,
- a minimum of 36 units must be from completion of courses from the following graduate classifications:
- Specialist, and
- a minimum of 12 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Research;
- and must successfully apply to transfer those 96 units into the Master of Studies.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.