Upon successful completion of the Studies program at the Australian National University, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- understand an advanced body of theoretical and applied topics;
- apply advanced skills in analysis, critical evaluation, and/or professional functions to solve complex problems;
- demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of advanced knowledge and skills to new situations; and
- communicate complex knowledge, ideas, and solutions to problems to both specialists and non-specialists.
Career OptionsGraduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Studies requires the completion of 96 units, of which:
- 96 units must come from 6000-level, 7000-level and 8000-level courses
The 96 units must consist of:
- A maximum of 36 units from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional
A minimum of 36 units from completion of courses from the following graduate classifications:
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Art History Environmental Sciences View 74 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 082356D
The Master of Studies is an exit award only.
To use the Master of Studies as an exit a student must:
- have completed 96 units of 6000-level, 7000-level, and 8000-level courses towards an ANU Master or Master Advanced program, of which
- a maximum of 36 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional,
- a minimum of 36 units must be from completion of courses from the following graduate classifications:
- Specialist, and
- a minimum of 12 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Research;
- and must successfully apply to transfer those 96 units into the Master of Studies.
International46910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46910 AUD per year during 24 months.
National32840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32840 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.